Lanette Hart, APR, CPRC
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (May 27, 2017) – Past FPRA President Lanette Hart, APR, CPRC, principal of Hart & Associates in Jacksonville, will speak on “Leadership Communications in Changing Times” at the next meeting of the Volusia/Flagler Chapter of the Florida Public Relations Association. The meeting will be Wednesday, June 21. RSVP here.
Managing change is a challenge faced by many companies and organizations in today’s times. Leadership communication in changing times can be successful, but it depends on the ability to inform, involve and inspire internal and external stakeholders.
Hart will share with attendees:
· New trends in leader communications and public relations strategies
· How to deepen their understanding of the change communications strategic planning process
· How to discover potential gaps in an organization’s leadership communications planning
· Tips to personal and professional leadership success
· How to develop a personal action plan – your “one thing” you could take back to the office.
Do you know a ‘Great Communicator?’ Nominations are being accepted through June 9 for the 2017 Great Communicator Award. This is the only award that honors lifetime achievements in effective communications in Volusia and Flagler counties. Nominees do not need to be FPRA members or members of the public relations profession. They must reflect a lifelong commitment to excellence in communications, professional leadership and accomplishments, and service to the community.
If someone you know deserves the award or you would like to sponsor the event, please request the form from Mary Dorn, APR, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (April 17, 2017) – “Email Marketing – Break through the Inbox Clutter & More” will be the topic of the next meeting of the Volusia/Flagler Chapter of the Florida Public Relations Association, on Thursday, May 18. The speaker will be Diane Michael, aka “Digital Di,” of Callan Group Communications. RSVP here.
The presentation will dive deeper into the email marketing maze, teaching you time-saving short cuts including:
- How to build fresh email lists
- What type of content gets read
- The template game – make your newsletter look professional
- Subject line Do’s
- CAN-SPAM laws
- How often to send
- How to incorporate social media effectively
- Effective tracking – what it all means
- Plan in advance every 6 months
Michael got her start in non-profit management in 1998, and with the support of volunteers, raised millions dollars for different charities around the world. Continue reading