Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University seeks an experienced Website Managing Editor who has an eye for engaging storytelling and a genuine collaborative mindset. As the world’s leader in aviation and aerospace education, Embry-Riddle has a unique story to share with a diverse global audience that includes prospective students, industry, alumni and others.
Guiding the university’s most important publication, the Website Managing Editor will drive content that demonstrates the passion, drive and thought leadership that inspires success for Embry-Riddle’s students, faculty and alumni. He/she will leverage the university’s main websites to strategically place and promote Embry-Riddle’s most important stories.
The successful candidate will possess sound editorial judgment and experience in developing storylines that entertain, educate or evoke emotion or action. The Website Managing Editor will use his/her understanding of key target audiences to influence content decisions.
The Website Managing Editor will be responsible for transforming the pages of the university’s main sites into a cohesive digital publication guided by a well-defined content strategy. He/she will work across teams to create opportunities for written and multimedia storytelling on a range of issues important to aviation and aerospace education. The successful candidate will be responsible for evaluating a small but critical team of writers and digital support team members to help Embry-Riddle achieve its top goals for enrollment, philanthropic partnerships and thought leadership. He/she will also oversee web maintenance and management while acting as the main point of contact for the Assistant Vice President for Digital Marketing during site redesigns.
- Work with Assistant Vice President for Marketing and department leadership to develop and implement a comprehensive content strategy designed to support key enrollment, philanthropic and institutional goals.
- Manage and mentor a team of internal and external writers, producers, designers that supports the university’s main websites through web publishing and maintenance.
- Provide editorial oversight and work assignments to staff and freelancers as necessary. Edit and proofread content for readability, consistency, accuracy and voice.
- Develop and implement processes, procedures and governance to manage site content, maintain brand standards, and ensure effectiveness and accuracy. Adopt policies to support compliance with data protection and privacy regulations.
- Act as a versatile editor and writer who can strategically position content for different audiences and platforms. Develop and assign features, thought leadership pieces and multimedia content that tell a unified brand story.
- Assess and monitor site performance to inform content decisions and evaluate ROI.
- Lead design efforts that focus on usability and accessibility and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, digital arts or related field.
- Seven to 10 years of professional marketing and communications experience that includes substantial writing, editing and publishing; editorial decision-making; website production and management; and/or digital design.
- Proven track record of excellent editorial judgment, writing and editing skills and managing projects from ideation to execution.
- Exceptional communicator and strategic thinker with the ability to translate complex concepts into digestible and compelling content.
- Strong storytelling experience that artfully combines text, imagery and/or video to create compelling and engaging packages that advance an organization’s brand and reputation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact productively with the team. Strong emotional intelligence and conflict resolution skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with all levels of staff and administration.
- Knowledge of content management systems, accessibility, design and usability.
- General interest and dedication to the mission of Embry-Riddle.
- Experience as an online editor with a major publishing entity known for attracting readers.
- Experience managing diverse, cross-functional teams is strongly desired.
- Experience in Sitecore content management system.
- Experience in higher education.
To be considered, applicants should submit a compelling cover letter that expands on their writing experience and approach to content, resume and three professional references.